Infrared Optical Components for the Defense Industry
- End-to-End solutions – from design through production
- Unparalleled experience and expertise in the defense industry
- Unique, innovative engineering techniques
- Cutting-edge manufacturing technologies
- Optical coating proficiency for outstanding results
- Strict QA standards and procedures
Ophir’s US-ITAR-certified European manufacturing site
Ophir’s US-ITAR-certified European site, which is located in NATO-member Romania, has recently expanded manufacturing capacity, and is able to address the rapidly increasing defense-industry demand. The site specializes in the fabrication and coating of customized optical components, such as demanding build-to-print requirements. From developing an initial prototype to serial production, Ophir combines unparalleled experience and the latest technologies to provide high-end optical components and IR lens assembles that meet the strictest demands of defense industries worldwide.
Ophir’s site in Bucharest fulfills high-volume requirements for the most advanced defense and aerospace solution deployments. Thousands of delivered precision infrared components have enabled our customers’ electro-optical defense systems to operate in environmentally challenging applications. Offered products include protective windows, imaging lens elements and mirrors.
Combining decades of expertise with the latest, cutting-edge technologies
With decades of knowledge and experience, having designed and delivered thousands of infrared components for multiple defense applications, Ophir has earned its reputation as a world-leading, one-stop-shop designer and manufacturer of Infrared thermal imaging components for defense OEMs. If you’re looking for the best quality optics, built with unrivalled know-how and expertise, Ophir is the answer.
Our R&D engineering team works in collaboration with defense customers to develop, design and deliver optimized optics with unparalleled optical performance quality, for which we are known worldwide. We deliver solutions for high precision and environmentally challenging applications, answering the strict demands of customers worldwide, enabling today’s most advanced aerospace and defense solution deployments. When you choose Ophir, you’re choosing to partner with a team that can turn any design into a high performance product that will enable you to reach your goals in the defense industry.
Our core capabilities – your success
- Superior design capabilities for a diverse range of advanced optical components and assemblies
- In-house, cutting-edge manufacturing technologies:
- Diamond turning
- CNC polishing
- Highest production standards
- Complete control of production processes
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Innovative engineering
- High-end and large volume production capabilities
- Manufacturing sites in Israel and Europe (Romania) with a clean room for the coating, inspection and packing processes.
Manufacturing a wide range of components to meet any specification
- VIS to LWIR wavelengths
- Lenses, mirrors, domes, windows and prisms
- Spherical, aspheric, diffractive, flat, and free-form
- Special truncated shapes
- Doublets or triplets
- Substrates: BK7, Fused-Silica, Zerudor, Chalcogenides, Germanium, Silicon, Calcium Fluoride, Zinc selenide, Zinc sulfide cleartran, Copper, Aluminum and more.
Cutting-edge technologies for superior component manufacturing:
- Manufacturing technologies include: Grinding, CNC Polishing, Plano Polishing, Diamond Turning, Centering and Coating.
- MRF technology
- Lupho Scan Profilometers technology
- Ø5-400mm components fabrication and coating
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) over full production cycle
- Lean and Six-Sigma for excellence and continuous improvement
- Large volume high-end production capabilities
- Free form optics manufacturing and metrology
- Variety of Chalcogenide glasses
- Large Silicon lenses > Ø200mm
- Large Aluminum mirrors for Cassegrainian telescopes