The inaugural International Military Nursing conference aimed to showcase the current research activity of military nurses and how the integration of multidisciplinary practitioners is enabling a positive culture for generating the latest evidence-base to their practice.
- Discussed how a positive culture of quality improvement is being nurtured within the UK military Nursing Services with an introduction to the strategic research priorities.
- Demonstrated how emerging advanced nursing specialties could improve the delivery of care in the Firm base and on operations.
- Provided an overview of tools being developed to build resilience amongst care givers.
- Identified the importance of the nursing role in transforming care beyond UK borders by demonstrating the evidence of quality improvement achieved by working shoulder-to-shoulder with nurses from other nations.
- Established how further collaboration between the UK military Nursing Services and external health care providers will promote a broader understanding of the mutual benefits associated with quality improvement initiatives.
The conference aimed to provide nurses and fellow healthcare professionals with the opportunity to share novel ideas and a greater understanding of how their engagement with quality improvement initiatives is transforming care in the UK and overseas. The session encouraged attendees from all healthcare backgrounds to seek new collaborations from within their multidisciplinary teams and enhance those that already exist.