AIR CDRE DAN STORR OBE MSC RAF –HEAD COMBAT ACQUISITION PROGRAMME
- Air Cdre: Hd Combat Air Acquisition, MOD
- Gp Capt: DACOS Cap Dev, Air Cap, HQ Air Cmd 2017-2018
- Gp Capt: Deputy Commander No.83 EAG 2016-2017
- Gp Capt: Assistant Head, MOD Ops Directorate 2014-2016
- Wg Cdr: Force Generation, MOD Ops Directorate 2013-2014
- Wg Cdr: OC Ops Wing RAF Northolt 2011-2013
- Wg Cdr: Air Strategy, Air Staff MOD 2010 -2011
- Wg Cdr: AFPAK Centre of Excellence, US CENTCOM 2009-2010
- Wg Cdr: US Joint Forces Staff College 2008-2009
- Sqn Ldr: SO2 Afghanistan, PJHQ J5 2006-2008
- Sqn Ldr: Flt Cdr 43(F) Sqn, RAF Leuchars 2004-2006
- Sqn Ldr: SO2 J3 Air, HQ BFFI, Mount Pleasant Joint Operating Base 2003-2004
- Flt Lt: 43(F) Sqn, RAF Leuchars 2002-2003; Tactical Leadership Programme instructor, Florennes Air Base 2000-2002; 5(AC) Sqn RAF Coningsby 1996-2000; 111(F) Sqn RAF Leuchars 1994-1996; 56(R) Sqn RAF Coningsby 1993
Air Cdre Dan Storr (50) grew up in North Lincolnshire and was educated at his local school and Liverpool University where he obtained a BSc in Biochemistry. He joined the University Air Squadron in 1988 flying the Bulldog and entered the regular RAF in 1990. After officer and navigator training, he converted to the Tornado F3 in 1993. He flew operationally over Bosnia during Operation Deny Flight in 1995 and Iraq during Operation Southern Watch between 1998 and 2002. Following promotion to Sqn Ldr, Dan was posted to Headquarters British Forces Falkland Islands for one year and then to the position of Flight Commander on 43(F) Sqn. Highlights of this tour included leading the first UK contribution to Baltic Air Policing, the first Tornado F3 attendance at ATLC in the UAE and a successful Tornado F3 NATO TACEVAL after a gap of 8 years.
Dan’s staff experience initially focused on plans and operations in PJHQ, US CENTCOM and the MOD, including responsibility for developing the response to numerous crises. In 2016/17 Dan served as Deputy Commander No.83 EAG at Al Udeid Airbase. On return to the UK, Dan took up the position of DACOS Capability Development in HQ Air Command before he was promoted to Air Cdre to lead the delivery of the UK’s Combat Air Strategy and the next generation Combat Air Acquisition Programme. His staff training includes attendance at the US Joint Forces Staff College where he gained an MSc in Strategy and Operational Planning and attendance at the Higher Command and Staff Course in 2018.