New Capability Launch at DSEI 2023 by specialist systems integrator, Delkia, Stand H3-202
Specialist UK systems integrator Delkia provides industry proven engineering and technology services for safety-related and mission-critical systems used in aerospace and maritime sectors. Following rapid growth in recent years, with large contract wins with Tier one defence clients in the UK, such as BAE Systems, the Ministry of Defence Submarine Delivery Agency, and Northrop Grumman, Delkia is attending DSEI to showcase the company’s capabilities and development towards a new digital vehicle control system.
Delkia is research active, developing future capabilities and technologies to serve the defence sector. As an example of this work, the Delkia Team will be introducing an all-vehicle, digital process for the generation of vehicle control laws which has the potential to save significant development time and programme cost by coupling computational fluid dynamics with data science. A working model of an Astute submarine using our control laws will be on display.
On the stand will be some of our most senior executives, including:
- Kurt Canfield, CEO, a Chartered Engineer, a Certified Functional Safety Professional and has over 20 years’ experience in functional safety, qualification and certification in the defence sector.
- Alan Watson, Business Development Director, with extensive experience in defence, having worked for BAE Systems for 46 years. Alan spent 17 years (5 years of which as MD) working on Typhoon Flight Controls System as well as previously being the Head of Active Vehicle Control for the Dreadnought programme.
- Paul Blythe, Director of Maritime, who brings to his role 35 years of experience in UK Defence, which culminated with the Captaincy of two nuclear submarines and subsequent design roles in submarine projects around the world.
Delkia provides specialist engineering and technology services in:
- system integration including electronics and firmware development
- engineering design including end-to-end design services, development and qualification
- technical consultancy including platform integration, vehicle control and weapons integration
Delkia is based in the North West, in Preston and Cumbria, close to major customers. The company is growing rapidly, and its success has been recognised through a wide range of awards and direct Tier 1 contract wins. To find out more visit the team on Stand H3-202, adjacent to BAE Systems, or see the company’s website at www.delkia.co.uk.