DESC will take place on Thursday 12 September. Set against the backdrop of the UK engineering skills challenge, this conference provides a unique opportunity to gather those with an interest in engineering education and industry together to explore the challenges faced by the Defence sector.
The themes focus on building resilience through greater understanding, collaboration and cohesion across the enterprise (Armed Forces; Civil Service; Industry); the Professional Institutions and Academia.
The conference aims to:
- Set the whole force context for the national engineering skills challenge.
- Share good practice across the defence engineering enterprise; therefore, ‘Whole Force’ by design.
- Inform the current direction of travel in respect of the defence approach to tackling the skills challenge.
- Inform and shape the evidence based approach for defence skills – Launch of Skills Survey Mk2 - Oct 19.
- Support the Defence Professionalization Strategy (specific objective in the strategy, “to promote and support the holistic engagement between Defence, professional engineering institutions and society”).