The dedicated Security Zone showcased security equipment and systems to counter priority threats, such as cyber attacks and terrorism, as well as an enlarged special forces and tactical equipment area.
The new Security Zone centralised the security sector's expertise with a bespoke community in order to increase networking opportunities for both exhibitors and visitors.
The result was a record number of first-time exhibitors showcasing the latest equipment and technologies in conjunction with a catalogue of prime contractors such as Fujitsu, Dell, BAE Systems - Applied Intelligence, BT, CISCO and Intel.
Within the Security Zone, products and services ranging from security & special forces training, tactical equipment, perimeter security covert & overt surveillance & camera equipment and PPE, with exhibitors including CEIA, Palo Alto Networks, International Armoured Group, Barrett Communications, SFD Global, H. Henriksen, Bergans and BeaverFit.
Security Theatre at DSEI 2017
Expanded & Enhanced to Include:
- Security capability demonstrations
- The impact of international terrorism and regional instability on security decisions and humanitarian needs
- The challenges of increased mass migration on border security and civil order
- Evolving cyber technology and warfare: defensive and offensive
- Developing the next generation of ‘cyber warriors’
- Cyber intelligence and capability: the growing need for industry-government collaboration
- Emerging security trends, e.g. UAS, Internet of Things, IP enabled infrastructure, vehicles and wearable devices
2017 Product Categories
- Armoured Vehicles
- Artificial Intelligence
- Body Armour
- Contraband detection
- Cyber Security
- Data Management
- Homeland Security
- Intelligence Gathering
- Night Vision
- Police and Dual Use
- Reconnaissance Systems
DSEI 2015 Highlights
2015 VIP Speakers
- The Rt Hon John Hayes MP, UK Minister of State for Security
- Major General Ahmed Bin Salman Al Hasoob, Secretary General of National Security Council, Oman
- General Paulo Sergio Melo de Carvalho, Cyber Defence Centre/CDCiber, Brazilian Army
- Chris Ensor, Deputy Director NTA, CESG, Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ)
- Paul Mott, Deputy Director for Security Industry Engagement, Office for Security and Counter Terrorism (OSCT), Home Office
- Andrew AJ Forysiak, Division Chief, Capabilities, Integration & Modernization, U.S. Army Cyber Command